"From 2006 to 2012, a white police officer killed a black person at least twice a week in this country." - MHP
how to make a meme: find a 3+ month old text post and start making variations of it
- spiders georg
- [clenches fist]
#the aperture science computer aided enrichment center would like to kindly ask you to not break the laws of physics during your testing period #if you feel the need to wreak such existential mayhem #please equip the patented singularity proof aperture science communication device to document your excruciating demise #friends and family will be awarded with a complementary plaque for your contribution to Science
shoutout to everyone named Bill out there
Now I’m watching ygotas and it is still hilarious and perfect look at that coin machine and old fashioned vending machine
i think this could be useful for the people who is not totally sure about spend their money in this movie, it has their good and bad points, but generally is a great movie, so please, let’s show them that “An Hispanic story” can be as good as any other one, or even better!.
I’m t te laundromat right now, listening to AWESOME Dealership songs, gonna get my hair cut today, looking forward to it.
ah yeah, I love digimon tamers. I love the way they just *clenches fist* tame all those digimon
WOW SCRUFFY OH MY GOD I HAVE TWO VIDEOS IN THIS
Billboard demonstrating gender stereotypes as most people automatically assume that Alex is the boy.
Actually, I’ve studied design and advertising, and I can tell you that the reason people would look at this and immediately assume Alex is the boy is because, quite simply, the boy is the focal point of the ad.
English-speaking readers’ line of sight goes from left to right and up to down. This ad leads the viewer from the words MEET ALEX etc straight to the boy and then over and down to the girl. I didn’t even notice there was a set of parenthesis with words in them in the ad until I looked the fourth time.
This is a fallacious confirmation bias, as anyone looking at it will assume Alex is the focal point (i.e. The Boy) and then if they’re perceptive they’ll notice the words at the bottom. Aha! Those damn gender stereotypes gotcha again! Except no, because the ad literally forces you to read it as “Alex is the boy” by the visual language and lines of sight.
A better ad would have been structured from top to bottom instead of left to right, and wouldn’t have pushed the girl, the real subject of the ad (who, by the way, has been VISUALLY PUSHED OUT OF HER RIGHTFUL SPACE ON THE AD BY HER BROTHER) off to the corner as far away from her identifiers as possible.
Here, I’ll make you a better ad.
Bam. Shitty stock photo but you get the point. If anyone sees this and assumes Alex is the boy, they don’t have the the ad layout to use as an excuse for their internalized gender shittery. Likewise, the ad isn’t actively trying to make you read it a certain way and THEN making you feel guilty for interpreting it the way they designed it to be.
Tagged by swagginsloths
- What flower would describe your personality at best?
Probably a sunflower cause I’m bees love me, I’m bad at coming up with flower names, and I naturally lean toward the sun to get nutrient
- If you can meet any famous person that is alive today, who would it be? Bill Murray, juse CAUSE
- Which anime or tv show has inspired you the most? NGE has probably had the most of an impact on my life (for better and for worse), and I know Mawaru Penguindrum fucked me up really bad, but I think………… Naoki Urasawa’s Monster, that is a masterpiece, it is the greatest work of fiction ever made
- Do you deem yourself as an introvert or extrovert? I think I’m more of an introvert, but I think I might be shifting to Extro
- If you had unlimited money for a day, what would you do? Support lots of third party candidates in order to get us out of this two party system, and then contract a bunch of people in underdeveloped regions to contruct infastructure
- Favorite memory? Probably that time we all went to the beach and stayed in that trailer.
- Which teacher in your education years have opened your eyes the most? Probably my current CJ teacher, he’s a real nice guy I like him a lot.
- What is one thing that isn’t taught in school you believe should be taught? Sex education and consent
- Your biggest success? I got all A’s one semester
- Where’s your favorite place to shop at (can be either online or irl store)? H-E-B for normal grocers, Sam’s Club for when I’m feeling crazy, Sam Goody cause I’m a nerd, and Amazon cause come on
- If you were a magical girl (like Madoka or Sailor Moon), what would be your color scheme and weapon of choice? Black and white, I’d wield a giant long rifle.
I’m too tired to think of any questions right now but if you wanna do these questions go AHEAD